Potato Chips at home
Almost everything that is mass produced was once made in some small kitchen and without the additives and preservatives needed for transportation and shelf life. I will try to provide my version of some of those simple things and you might enjoy the process as much as the end result.
- Mandolin, if you have one available (a knife will work also)
- An oversized pot (always use an oversized pot for safety when frying)
- Potatoes, cleaned but not peeled – I found that russet work very well
- Canola or vegetable oil - Enough to fill a pot one inch deep
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper or whatever flavoring you like for your potato chips